Over the past month or so we’ve been working on our new design and today I’d like to give you an idea of what it will look like when released.
So, without further ado, here it is… please read my comments after the screenshots as well, to get a better understanding of what we’re doing…
MoneyWiz 3.1 for mobile (iPhone and Android)
MoneyWiz 3.1 for Desktop (macOS and Windows)
Here are a few things to know:
- Only the mobile versions will have a major redesign both UI and UX. Desktop will see a smaller redesign as you can see.
- With the Desktop redesign we’re aiming to provide more space to see more accounts and budgets in one screen without scrolling. We’re also giving you more space to see reports in more details.
- For Mobile we’re introducing a brand new interface (UI) and workflow (UX), while keeping similar concepts to MoneyWiz as you know it. Our goal is to make using MoneyWiz faster, easier and more intuitive without making it hard to re-learn how to use it, so a lot of what you know is already applicable, just improved.
- Have in mind that the final design will have differences from this sneak peek. We’re at least one month (if not more) away from releasing it so changes will be done as we progress.
- We hope to release MoneyWiz 3.1 for Premium subscribers before the end of August (Reminder: MoneyWiz 3 Standard is coming in December 2018).
Here are a few neat things about the new UI/UX on mobile:
- The entire navigation is redesigned around a bottom bar instead of menu. That would allow you for faster access to different sections in the app.
- Since we had to introduce a bottom bar for navigation, we had to get rid of the bottom bar for balance, so we put that at the top. The top area now takes a center stage with showing you relevant information and controls depending on which screen you are on.
- Notice the differences when you are in a specific account. Depending on the account type you will either see filter buttons – Cleared/Pending/Scheduled or buttons to switch views. So for non-investment and non-forex accounts you’d see the filter buttons. For investment/forex/crypto accounts you will see 3 sub-sections – Chart / Portfolio / Trades.
- I’d like to take your attention to a brand new feature that comes with the new UI – the “Scheduled” filter – when selected it will show you the scheduled transactions for that particular account so you can quickly see them and see how they will affect your account’s balance.
- The budget indicator has also been redone to be more intuitive and simple – it will now be a green circle that fills in red as the budget gets filled.
- The cleared/pending flags will go away now and will be replaced by a red dot in the icon for pending transactions, no dot for cleared (so that color blind people can also tell the difference) and grey dot for Scheduled (if that filter is selected).
- We’re getting rid of the Dashboard section as it was rather unpopular.
- Clicking the “+” button will now give you options to select transaction type. This is to mitigate the fact that in time we’ve added more types of transactions which were previously “hidden” under the 3 dotted button in the current/old design.
Any feedback is welcome 🙂
Thank you for being a MoneyWiz customer!