We’ve released MoneyWiz 2 in December 2014. Now, 3 years later, the MoneyWiz 2 features development is coming to its end and we’re already looking towards MoneyWiz 3.
Today I want to share with you our plans for Moneyiz 2 and 3. First off, let’s speak about MoneyWiz 2…
Retiring MoneyWiz 2
We’ve just released update 2.7 which marks the final major update in MoneyWiz 2.
We’ll continue selling and supporting MoneyWiz 2 Standard at discounted prices until end of 2018. We’ll also release bug fix updates occasionally, but no new features and major improvements will be introduced there, as basically we’re retiring MoneyWiz 2 and moving onto MoneyWiz 3.
Have in mind that MoneWiz 2 and all of its features will continue to be fully functional even though it’s retired. Its retirement only means that we won’t be actively developing it anymore.
Welcoming MoneyWiz 3
MoneyWiz 3 will bring a lot of exciting new features and improvements. Here are some of the most notable features we’ll be working on:
- Full crypto-currencies support – MoneyWiz 3 will be the first personal finance software to have full support for all crypto-currencies and altcoins, including automatic download of trades from some of the largest exchanges and wallets
- New design and user experience
- Split transactions (where one transaction can have expense, income and transfer components within the same transaction)
- Major performance improvements on all platforms
- FOREX support
- Background sync – online banking and SYNCbits will start supporting background sync so that when you launch MoneyWiz, everything will be synced and ready to use.
- Envelope budgeting and income budgets (goals)
- Advanced reconcile and bulk editing on mobile
- Fast user switching for SYNCbits
- Improved reports
Please have in mind this is not a complete list, and we’ll be implementing some other features too, as development progresses.
Development & release timeline
Once a new feature is developed on all platforms, we’ll immediately release it as an update for MoneyWiz Premium subscribers.
For example, we’re currently working on full crypto-currencies support. Once we’re done with this on all platforms (iOS, Mac, Android and Windows) we’ll release an update MoneyWiz 3.0 which will be immediately available for MoneyWiz Premium subscribers.
So, if you are using MoneyWiz Premium, you won’t have to wait very long to start getting all the new features in MoneyWiz 3, as MoneyWiz 3 is coming to you soon!
Once all the MoneyWiz 3 features are developed, we’ll release MoneyWiz 3 Standard (one time purchase) and continue working on MoneyWiz 4 which will be available for MoneyWiz Premium users immediately.
Put in different words – MoneyWiz Standard will follow MoneyWiz Premium by one major version behind.
Every time we release a new feature, we’ll announce it via social media, our blog and our newsletter.
What is the release date of MoneyWiz 3 Premium?
– While we don’t have an exact date yet, we’re aiming for February 2018.
What will be included in MoneyWiz 3.0 Premium?
– The first release (3.0) will be focused on crypto-currencies support.
When is MoneyWiz 3 Standard coming?
– Once we’re done with the development of new features for MoneyWiz 3, we’ll also release MoneyWiz 3 Standard. Until then, MoneyWiz 3 will only be available for MoneyWiz Premium users. We don’t know the date when MoneyWiz 3 Standard will be available but we hope it will be done before end of 2018.
Is there a MoneyWiz 3 beta testing program?
– Not yet. We might release one for MoneyWiz Premium users, and if we do we’ll announce it separately. There won’t be a beta testing program for MoneyWiz 3 Standard though.
If I purchase MoneyWiz 2 Standard now, will I have to pay for MoneyWiz 3 Standard?
– Yes, this is one of the main differences between Standard and Premium. For more information please check here: //wiz.money/buy/
Will you provide discount to existing customers who want to upgrade to MoneyWiz 3 Standard?
Will you provide discount for MoneyWiz 2 Standard customers who want to upgrade to MoneyWiz Premium?
– Yes., as soon as we release MoneyWiz 3 Premium we’ll also offer discounts for everyone who’s on MoneyWiz 2 Standard and wishes to upgrade. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to be the first to know when we have sales events.
Will MoneyWiz 3 Premium be a separate app?
– No. It will come as a regular update to MoneyWiz Premium. The version number will just change to 3 and it will have new awesome features 🙂
If I use MoneyWiz 3 Premium can I switch back to MoneyWiz 2 Standard?
– No, as MoneyWiz 3 will have a different data format than MoneyWiz 2, which is necessary due to the new features. To assure proper sync and data handling, it’s not possible to go to older data formats.
If I already have MoneyWiz 2 Standard with Online Banking subscription, can I migrate to Premium now?
– Yes! You can download MoneyWiz Premium right away, sign into your SYNCbits account and if you have active Online Banking subscription that would activate MoneyWiz Premium. We recommend that you stop the auto-renewal of your Online Banking subscription and when it expires simply re-subscribe to MoneyWiz Premium.
When will Setapp users get the updates?
Setapp users will receive the updates together with MoneyWiz Premium users, since Setapp is also a subscription service.
Can I get MoneyWiz Premium without the Online Banking and cheaper?
Right now we don’t offer such option. We’re considering to offer MoneyWiz Plus which will be the same as MoneyWiz Premium but without the Online Banking feature. If we decide to do so, we’ll announce it though. For the foreseeable future, only MoneyWiz Premium is available.