There’s a lot going on here, so we’ve decided to write a status update to inform you of what to expect in the near future.
MoneyWiz 2.0.4 for iOS/Mac
- Expected submission to Apple: ~10 March
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
- Integration with one more Online Banking platform – Yodlee. This integration will add support for more than 12,000 new banks (mostly in US, UK, Canada, Australia, Brazil, India)
- A few small features (such as – swipe an account in the list of accounts for quick access to expense/income buttons)
MoneyWiz 2 for Android
We’re working over the clock to finalize the Android version. There’s still work ahead though, largely because for compatibility reasons we also have to add the Yodlee integration to MoneyWiz for Android as well and this is taking time. We’re hoping to release MoneyWiz 2 for Android by the end of this month, although we might see yet another delay, but it won’t be by much. Later this month we’ll have a beta for sure. We’ll announce it when it’s open.
MoneyWiz 2 for Windows
Porting MoneyWiz 2 for Windows is taking longer than we ever anticipated. We’ve just recently added more developers to the team to speed it up even more. At this point we’d like to think that we can release it by the end of March although it’s still quite uncertain. We’ll keep you posted on the subject. Also, a UI preview of MoneyWiz 2 for Windows will come later this month.
The trial versions of MoneyWiz will be released later this month. The iOS version will come first (via the AppStore), and then the Mac will follow (via our website). The reason for the delay is that for the Mac Trial we have to implement the payment platform behind the subscriptions for online banking and this is taking time.
- We are holding on implementing the tags & investment accounts functionality as if we did that right now, it would mean further delays to the release of MoneyWiz 2 for Android and Windows. The reason is that all platforms must have the same functionality for the sync to work correctly. Imagine having tags in MoneyWiz for iOS and the Android trying to figure out what this piece of data is… Tags & Investment Accounts will be on top of our priority list as soon as the Android & Windows versions are released though!
- In the meantime, we’re committed to giving more and more value to our customers and we’ll be working on adding new features that we don’t necessarily have to port to Android & Windows. To name a few – more Today extensions, the Apple Watch version of MoneyWiz which we previewed recently, Advanced Reconcile and more.