We’re working on update 2.0.5 for iOS and Mac.
The update will bring some more bug fixes and improvements, the Apple Watch app and one other cool thing – inline field search for transaction entry.
Please, check out the video above, to see a demonstration of the feature. Here’re the highlights of how it works:
- It’s iOS only (both iPhone & iPad)
- There will be a next button even on the numerical keyboard, so you no longer have to tap on the field you want to select
- Once you start typing in a field (such as Description or Payee), MoneyWiz will filter out suggested entries based on your previous entries
- Tapping on the arrow will still open the additional view if you prefer that
- You can tap on the filtered results in the bar above the keyboard, and MoneyWiz will auto-fill it, as well as anything else it’s associated with…for example, if you previously created a transaction with description “Monthly Internet”, payee “Comcast” and category “Internet Bill”, then you can go to the description field, type “mon”, MoneyWiz will suggest “Monthly Internet”. Tap on it, and MoneyWiz will pre-fill the description, the payee and the category. All you have to do is enter the amount and save.
- The list of previously used descriptions & payees is scrollable, and sorted in chronological order, so you can just swipe it left/right to search for what you need, instead of typing.
This feature comes in response to multiple requests to:
- Put a Next button everywhere, the numerical keyboard included
- Make the transaction entry even faster
Now, with the ability to customize what fields to use in the transaction entry form, as well as in what order + the new inline field search feature, we believe the transaction entry will be as fast as it could be.
We hope to submit update 2.0.5 to Apple by the end of this week.
If you like how we are doing with MoneyWiz, please consider rating us on the AppStore! It helps a lot!